Sports Injury Management
Sports trainers, physiotherapists & staff which travel along the sports team takes care of common injuries. Despite that, in case of severe injuries a specialist intervention is required. Catastrophic injuries related to head, spine or spinal cord is being offered experienced and effective treatment by the Orthopaedic specialist hospital in India at BLK. Rigorous physical training and exercises are required to be a sports person.One has to be physically fit all the time in order to be a sportsperson. Yet, no one can avoid injuries, while playing or doing athletic activities, sportsperson faces small and sometimes severe injuries.
Key Hole Arthroscopic for Knee Replacement Surgery and Shoulder Joints is being offered by the centre for effectively treating Sports related injury. Knee Arthroscopy deals with meniscal and ligament injuries. The surgery involves recreation of cruciate ligaments where a key-hole technology. The other procedures include:
- Arthroscopic Surgery for Shoulder Joints rectifies rotator calf injury, repeated dislocations and labral injuries.
- Young & aspiring sportspersons can use the Facility of Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI) – a biomedical treatment which is extremely helpful in repairing damages in articular cartilage.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation unit to support post-surgical care.
- Medical cover for International Cricket, Hockey, Wrestling and Soccer matches helps a sportsperson in getting easy and accessible treatment.
What are the most common Sports Injuries?
A sportsperson life is not isolate from injuries. The rigorous physical activities tend to harm muscles and joints. However, the most common Sports injuries which come across are:
- Groin Pull: The condition is mostly common in sports like Football, Hockey or Cricket. Strain on the inner thigh muscle or groin can sometimes lead to excruciating pain. The immediate relief can be given with ice compressions or pain-relief sprays. If the pain persists then you are always welcome to visit our doctors.
- Shin Splints: An athlete must have suffered from shin split more than once in his/her career. The term refers to extreme pain in the front of the lower legs. It can occur due to excessive running or too much of physical training.
- Ankle Sprain: It is the most common injury for a sportsperson and generally taken care by sports trainers. But, in case of ligament tear or any severe injury a doctor’s visit is a must.
- Hamstring Strain: Too much stress on legs while running, jumping or kicking can result in Hamstring strain. Any strain on hamstring muscle takes time to heal and need an expert to manage the injury.
- Tennis Elbow: Tennis Elbow can be very painful if not treated on time. It happens due to excessive strain on elbow making tiny tears in the elbow’s tendons.
- Knee Injury: Any strain on knee can lead to tearing of knee joints and may require exercise and surgery in some cases.