BLK Super Speciality Hospital is popular to provide all round medical assistance to its patients. We excel in all kinds of treatments and surgeries and have set a benchmark in the same. Along with that, BLK also offers the accessibility of organ transplant giving our patients easy treatments and hope to lead a normal life. It can be an emotional moment for anyone if he/she is losing a closed one but for greater good one can choose to donate the organs to save many lives.
- Along with eye and kidney donation, BLK is equipped in conducting organ transplant for vital organs.
- Organ transplant is a procedure, where vital organs like heart, eye, liver, kidney, lungs etc can be taken from a donor.
- The doctors may recommend for organ transplant in case of organ failure. The transplant increases life expectancy of a person and helps him/her in leading a normal life.
Can I donate my organs while I am living?
The beauty of science is that it is ever evolving and now it is very much possible to donated organs like kidney and liver which can be donated while a person is alive. Any person can survive on one kidney and partial liver. There have been many cases where family members have successfully donated their kidney and partial liver to the patient.
Organ transplant is not an easy decision and also not an easy process, both the donor and the receiver has to undergo multiple tests before the doctor okays the transplant.
There are chances that the body may refuse to accept a foreign organ. In that case, the transplant can be fatal for the receiver.
Organ Transplant success rate:
- A person can lead a normal life after receiving a vital organ like eyes, kidney or heart and it has given a new hope to many ailing people.
- At BLK, we offer the services of organ transplant making the process of healing all the more accessible.
- At BLK, Organ transplant is an integral part of BLK Centre for Renal Sciences & Kidney Transplant which comprises of Nephrology & Urology Departments as a unified division.
- We have Nephrology and Kidney Transplant sections which are equipped with world-class dialysis machines.
- Services like Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) for hemo-dynamically unstable patients and Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis is available round the clock. We also have isolation rooms for Hepatitis B/C & HIB patients.