The causes of infertility may be in either of the partners, or sometimes combined infertility is determined when both man and woman are infertile in some way. This often gives rise to unexplained infertility as certain issues in both partners at times cannot be identified by current clinical investigations.
While some couples achieve pregnancy spontaneously, millions of couple face a variety of struggles and hurdles in order to conceive a child.Infertility is defined as the inability of a couple to conceive a child after one year of unprotected intercourse. Globally, it affects about one in six couples and the number is steadily increasing every year.
Common Infertility Factors
- There a number of female/male infertility causes that may be present in various permutations leading to infertility in a couple.
- Some of the most common female infertility factors are Ovarian Factors, Pelvic, Inflammatory Disease, Uterine/Cervical/Vaginal Factors, Endometriosis, Pelvic Adhesions, Thyroid Problems and Genetic Conditions.
- Factors leading to infertility in men include Varicocele, Testicular trauma, retrogradeejaculation, Endocrine problems, Vas deferens obstruction, unresolved testicular infections and Genetic conditions.
- However, rapid medical and technological advancements have been bringing immense hope, as well as the joy of parenthood to many couples worldwide.
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital provides several types of treatments as part of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). This includes procedures such as fertility medication, intrauterine Insemination (IUI), in Vitro Fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and surrogacy to name a few.
- At BLK, our centre is well-equipped to offer counselling sessions to patients and treat difficult conditions regarding Repeated IVF failures, Reproductive Endocrinopathies (Hormonal disturbances) or Sexual Dysfunctions.
FOGSI (Federation of Obstetric & Gynecological Societies of India) Training Programs
At BLK, we have also started FOGSI training programs for doctors to acquire even greater expertise in dealing and treating infertility issues. The program includes Basic Infertility Training of 1 week, Advanced Infertility Training of 2 weeks and IUI Training of 2 days.