Home >> Specialities >> Organ transplant >> Home Peritoneal Dialysis and Home Haemodialysis
Home Peritoneal Dialysis and Home Haemodialysis
Home Peritoneal Dialysis
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital offers the flexibility of allowing patients to dialyse at home rather than coming in for dialysis.
- In this treatment, a cleansing fluid called dialysate is injected into the patient's abdomen using a small tube called a PD catheter.
- Patients and their family members are personally trained by the BLK technical staff to initiate the process at home.
- With Home Peritoneal Dialysis, one saves a lot time, money and energy spent on travelling to hospital multiple times in a week. This also involves fewer requirements for blood transfusion.
- The team at BLK Centre for Renal Sciences & Kidney Transplant takes care of all arrangements related to the home haemodialysis machine, RO supply, as well as providing a technician for treatment at home.
- Patients and their family members are explained the process of performing haemodialysis comfortably at home.
- Haemodialysis at the hospital often takes around three to four hours, as many as three to seven times a week.
- However, if done at home the patient may be able to adjust the treatment into his/her daily schedule more easily.
- Studies suggest that the more you are aware about using a dialysis on your own, the better are the chances of you making progress.