A healthy heart signifies a healthy and long life. Any issues with the functioning of heart can be life-threatening. Therefore, people are always advised to get regular check-ups in order to avert any mishap. Here at BLK Heart Centre, the entire gamut of services from diagnostic non-invasive services, nuclear scans, and CT imaging is available under one roof, as are top class Interventional cardiology, Interventional radiology and Neuro interventional services. A full range of Cardiac Surgery and Vascular Surgery services complete the therapeutic armamentarium to provide patients with the best in class treatment.
BLK Heart Centre at BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one stop for all your heart related issues. It is one of India’s largest, private sectors, tertiary care hospitals. The Centre was conceived to provide state-of-the-art comprehensive cardiac care to the patients coming from all over the world. We not only offer best treatment but also give a patient all-round care. Our surgery wing is equipped with latest technology and is at par with global standards.
Cardiac surgery, cardiovascular surgery, or heart surgery is the surgery on the heart or great vessels performed by cardiac surgeons. It is often used to treat complications of the heart. It is rightly said that a healthy heart is a sign of healthy life but some of us face heart problems and ailments and seek effective treatment for the same.
Cardiac Surgeons, Cardiologists, Intensivists, Physicians, Cardiac Anaesthesiologists and Intensive Care Experts comprise of the heart specialists. The team members are internationally recognized and are highly capable of dealing with complex heart related problems.
Some of the treatments offered here are:
- Total Arterial Grafting
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Complex Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- Surgery for Aneurysm including Endovascular and Hybrid procedures
- Interventional Cardiac procedures of all kinds - from Electrophysiology and Coronary Angioplasty to Interventions for correction of congenital anomalies.
- Our team of experts boast of an experience of over 25,000 Cardiac Surgeries, more than 4,000 total Arterial Grafting and over 4,000 Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeries and have also been treating critical cases with steady hands.
- The BLK Heart Centre is one of the largest divisions at BLK with world class amenities wiht highly-skilled doctors who have successfully performed more than 20,000 interventional procedures, ranging from complex Angioplasty Rotablation and Device Implantation to Endovascular and Congenital Heart procedures.
- Patients from India as well as the Middle East, the African Subcontinent, Eastern Europe and other SAARC nations (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Maldives, Sri Lanka etc.) have shown great faith in the capability of our eminent Heart Team.
Offering the very best, BLK Super Speciality Hospital is proudly carrying the 9 decade old legacy which was laid by Dr. B L Kapur. We strive for excellence at every stage. Unfortunately, heart ailmentshave becoming quite common these days but new developments and advancement in medical field has been effective in treating them.
If medication and lifestyle changes are not enough to control your symptoms, your doctor may suggest:
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD): In this procedure, an implant is placed to normalise the dangerous heartbeat by sending electric signals. The surgery is conducted if a patient is suffering from dangerously fast heartbeats or ‘Venticular Tachycardia’/’Ventricular Fibrillation’ which is a severe disorder and may be a fatal one if not treated. In some critical cases both CRT and ICD are placed at the same time using one device.
- Heart Pumps: Sometimes the heart is unable to pump enough blood to the body; an open heart surgery is performed to place a heart pump or Ventricular Assist Device to help the heart function properly. A heart pump accentuates the functions of the heart.
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT): The CRT is a surgical procedure wherein a pacemaker, which is a small battery device, is placed in heart to help it function in a coordinated manner. The instrument reduces the risk of heart failure.
- Heart Transplantation: Heart Transplantation is a complex surgery which involves replacing a non-working heart of a patient with a donated one. It is opted in most critical cases when revival of heart function by any medication or surgery is not possible.
BLK Heart Failure Clinic
At the Heart Failure Clinic, patients are properly counselled before they began with treatment. The Centre offers a patient and family-centered approach to care.With dedicated specialist units, the Cardiac Centre units are further streamlined into various sub-disciplines which are interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery.