Cancer Reconstructive Surgery Program
- Cancer treatments can sometimes damage a body part or change its appearance and function. However, with the help of reconstructive surgery, it is possible to repair the damage.
- This differs from cosmetic surgery.
- While removing a tumor is an essential component of the treatment plan, cancer surgeries can alter or change the way patients look or function can have significant impact on their quality of life.
- This is where BLK Super Speciality Hospital’s surgeons can make a difference. Our well-equipped surgeons understand the patients’ needs, their unique challenges and help regain their self-confidence.
- Patients need reconstructive surgery after the removal of the cancer tissue from the body. For instance, women may need reconstructive surgery after a mastectomy, where the breast is removed surgically.
- Similarly, a surgeon may replace tissues or nerves removed during surgery for head, neck or skin cancer. Surgeries can sometimes leave scars and defects, or cause other challenges such as difficulty in eating and speaking.