When do you need to consult orthopedics hospital
Orthopedics is the branch of medicine which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the conditions of the musculoskeletal system. It includes all the diseases and disorders of the bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves. All of these parts combined make up the musculoskeletal system. The specialists who deal with these diseases are known as orthopedists. They make correct diagnosis and impart correct treatment according to the severity and extent of the condition. Additionally, they also help in rehabilitation by recommending exercises and physical therapy. In case of any above mentioned injury of the body part, consult BLK which is the best orthopedics hospital in India.
Orthopedic specialist hospitals in India treat the following conditions –
· Plantar Fasciitis – it is a common case of pain in the heel. It occurs due to inflammation of a thick band of tissues which joins the heel bone to the toes. This pain gets worse in the morning and increases with standing and walking.
· Tennis elbow – It is the condition in which tendons in the elbow are overloaded. There is inflammation of the tendons on the outside of the elbow. It increases with the motion of wrists and arms. Pain occurs on the forearm and the elbow.
· ACL tear – ACL stands for anterior cruciate ligament. It connects thighbone to the shinbone. This ligament gets torn when there is stretching or sudden stopping of the leg. These injuries happen most commonly while playing sports such as basketball, football, skiing etc. It is identified by swelling and pain.
· Rotator cuff tear – It is an injury of the shoulder in which there is tear in one or more tendons of the rotator cuff muscles of the shoulder. It is seen in people who perform similar shoulder motions.
Orthopedists also deal with hip replacement surgery in India. It is the surgical procedure in which the damaged sections of the hip joint are replaced with artificial joint. These artificial parts are usually made of metal, ceramic and very hard plastic. This not only reduces pain but also improve the function. This procedure is undergone when hip pain interferes with the daily activities and other conservative treatments are not bringing relief.
Hip replacement surgery hospitals are consulted due to the following reasons –
· When there is continuous pain and no medication is working.
· Pain is increasing while walking.
· There is interference in sleeping.
· Difficulty in climbing stairs.
Before the surgery, the surgeon will look at your medical history. A brief physical examination will happen to see if you can sustain the surgery. Hip replacement surgeon in India makes an incision over the front of the hip. It is made through the layers of the tissue. Only the damaged cartilage is removed and healthy parts are left intact. Artificial implants are placed in the pelvic bone to replace the damaged socket. Then, round ball on the top of your femur is replaced with prosthetic ball. After the surgery, you will be moved to the recovery area.
Another surgical specialty in this department is trauma surgery in India. All the injuries which are caused by sudden impact are treated here. Accidents and mishaps can happen at any time and they come unwarranted. There should be no delay as it is very crucial to deal with them immediately. Patients of trauma injury include victims of car crash, gun wound, fire attack etc.
Trauma surgery specialist in India includes general surgeons and leading orthopedists along with nurses, anesthetist, respiratory therapist, radiographer etc. Before and after the surgery performed, you are kept in ICU for continuous monitoring.