What all surgeries are provided in heart hospitals
Our heart is located just behind and slightly left of the breastbone. It is the size of a fist. The fact which makes it very important is that it pumps blood throughout the body. This blood provides the body with oxygen and nutrients. There are some disorders and diseases which don’t let it pump blood as well it should. A lot of complications occur due to this condition which can become fatal if they are severe. The only way out is with the aid of surgery. BLK is one of the best heart hospitals in India where you can get superlative surgeries.
Heart doctors in India treat the following diseases –
· Coronary artery disease – it is defined as a disease which happens in the heart’s major blood vessel. It happens due to buildup of plaque. This makes arteries narrow and limits the flow. It can lead to an attack.
· High blood pressure – It is also known as hypertension in which the force of the blood against the artery walls is very high. This force eventually causes diseases. It is a silent killer as there are no symptoms in many cases.
· Cardiac arrest – It is a sudden condition in which there is unexpected loss of function of the heart as blood is not pumped to the body. If the treatment in not quick, then it can also prove to be fatal.
· Arrhythmia – heart specialist hospitals in India describe this condition as improper beating of the heart which can be very slow or very fast. It occurs when electrical impulses don’t work properly.
· Congenital diseases – It is a name given to diseases which are present in the body since birth. Signs and symptoms that are shown in the body depend on which condition is suffered.
Heart doctors in India are proficient in imparting the following surgeries –
· Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG) – CABG is a surgical procedure in which the flow of the blood is diverted around a section of a blocked or artery. By doing this, the flow will be improved relieving of the symptoms. It is done when you are suffering from severe chest pain or if you have a main coronary artery which is severely narrowed and blocked. In this surgery, a section of the healthy blood vessels is taken either from inside the chest wall or from the lower leg. Heart bypass surgery in India is a very common procedure.
· Heart transplant – It is a surgical procedure in which a diseased and failing heart is removed and replaced from the body with the help of a working one which is taken from a deceased donor. Your body will be tested to see whether you are a suitable candidate for this surgery. In this procedure, an incision will be made in the chest and the chest bones will be separated. The diseased heart will then be removed to make place for the new one. All the major blood vessels are then attached by best heart surgeons in India.
· TAVI/TAVR – Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation/Replacement is a minimally invasive procedure which is done to replace a narrowed aortic valve that does not open properly. It is a suitable procedure for people who are at high risk for open surgery. Usually, heart treatment hospitals in India reserve this procedure for old people. In this procedure, the heart will be accessed through a blood vessel in the legs. A hollow tube is inserted through the access point and will be guided through the blood vessels with the help of advanced imaging techniques. Once it is positioned, a balloon is expanded to press the replacement valve into the desired place.