What all diseases are solved by neurology specialists
To understand the diseases of the nervous system, it is important to first know about it. The main function of this system is to coordinate the action of the body by transmitting signals to and from different parts of the body. It identifies the environmental changes that are made in the body and then work together with the endocrine system to respond to the changes. One of the most important parts of this system is a special type of cell known as neuron. It is also known as a nerve cell. Any problem with this part should be dealt by a neurology specialist in India.
Top neurology hospitals treat the conditions depending on the part of the nervous system which is hit –
· Central nervous system – It is the main part of the nervous system and comprises of brain and the spinal cord. The word central is used because it integrates information it receives from and coordinates and influences the activity of all the parts of the body. It contains majority part of this system. In our body, brain is protected by the skull whereas spinal cord is protected by the vertebrae.
· Peripheral nervous system – It is the second component of this system and consists of all the ganglia and nerves that are present outside the brain and spinal cord. Top neurologists in India describe its working as it connects our CNS to the limbs and organs. It acts a relay between the brain and spinal cord and the rest of the body. It is exposed to mechanical injuries and other toxins.
Best neurology hospitals in India treat the following diseases –
· Stroke – it is the condition in which the brain cells die as it does not receive enough oxygen and nutrients. It mainly occurs due to blockage or clot formation in the blood vessels of the brain. Diagnosis options include tests such as Physical exam, CT scan, MRI, Echocardiogram etc. Treatment options depend whether the stroke is ischemic or Hemorrhagic.
· Epilepsy – It is a neurological disorder in which unusual activity of the brain causes seizures and different behavior pattern in the body. They can either happen without any warnings or can stretch to long duration. They can happen when the person is awake or asleep. Diagnosis is done via blood tests, PET scan, MRI etc. Top neurologists in Delhi go ahead either with vagus nerve stimulation or respective surgery to treat this condition.
· Parksinson’s disease – It is a neurodegenerative disorder which affects the movement of the body. There is progressive deterioration of motor function which is gradual and begins with a tremor in one hand. There is no cure but medicines and surgery can ease off the symptoms.
Now when the diseases of this system are solved with the help of surgery, then the medical term neurosurgery is used. It is the branch of medicine which diagnoses and treats the diseases surgically. Best neurosurgeons in BLK Hospital India treat these diseases with the help of the following surgeries –
· Gamma knife – best neurosurgery hospitals in India use this surgery as it is minimally invasive. No blades and incisions are used in this method. It precisely directs radiation to the problem area while sparing the healthy tissue. It is used in treating many different types of brain tumor as the recovery time is also very less. Neuroendoscopy in India is also a minimally invasive procedure.
· Endovascular surgeries – It is mainly used to treat arteriovenous malformation (AVM). Endovascular coiling is the procedure which is sued by best neurosurgery hospitals. A catheter is guided until the tip reaches the site of the AVM. A substance is then introduced that will plug the fistula connecting the abnormal pattern of the blood flow.