How to impart brain tumor treatment in India
Brain is used for almost every function of the body. It is related to the work of most of the parts. It controls and coordinates the actions and allows us to think and feel. It processes information that is received from different parts of the body and the way how we react is dependent on brain only. It is considered as the most complex organ in the body. It consists of billions of neurons which are connected by synapses to several other neurons. There are some conditions and disorders related to this part which stops it from working properly and affect the whole body. Brain tumor is one of those conditions. Brain tumor treatment hospital in India diagnoses the symptoms and treats according to the severity of the condition.
It is the condition in which there is growth of abnormal cells or mass in the brain. Tumors are of different types. They can either be benign which means they are non cancerous or can be malignant which means they have the potential to spread to different parts of the body. They can also begin in other parts of the body and spread to the brain. This type is known as secondary or metastatic. The branch of medicine which takes care of this condition is known as neurology. Neurology specialist identifies the following symptoms –
· Change in particular pattern of headaches.
· Severe headaches that becomes frequent in time.
· Vomiting and nausea.
· Blurred and double vision.
· Loss of movement in one arm or leg.
· Uncommon seizure activity.
· Slurring in speech.
· Difficulty while walking.
Best neurology hospitals in India have laid down the following causes for this condition to occur –
· Gliomas begin in the brain and spinal cord. Meningiomas arise from the membrane that surrounds the brain and spinal cord.
· Medulloblastomas are the most common form of brain tumors which arise in children. It spreads through the spinal fluid while starting in the lower back.
· Rare and noncancerous tumors such as craniopharyngiomas start near the brain’s pituitary gland which secretes hormones that help in controlling different body functions.
· Secondary tumor most commonly occurs in people who have a history of cancer. Common types include breast cancer, colon cancer, kidney cancer etc.
Neuro-spine hospitals in India diagnose this condition with the help of the following tests –
· Imaging tests – These tests help your doctor evaluate the tumor and plan the treatment accordingly. MRI is a common imaging test in which a dye is injected through a vein in the arm.
· Biopsy – A biopsy is a procedure in which a sample of the abnormal tissue is collected and tested under the microscope. It is performed using a needle and used for areas that are sensitive or hard to reach.
Treatment options include surgery, radiation therapy and radiosurgery. Just like brain tumor, there are other conditions such as brain aneurysm. It occurs when the wall of a blood vessel becomes thin or bulges out. Until they rupture, there are no symptoms observed which makes it difficult to diagnose. It may lead to brain damage or stroke. You will have to go for cerebrovascular surgery in India to for treatment.
Brain aneurysm repair is a surgical procedure to treat rupturing of the blood vessel. There are different methods to correct this. In clipping, an incision is made into the scalp to place a metal clip at the base of the aneurysm to prevent it from rupturing. In endovascular repair, a small wire is inserted into an artery in the groin. A catheter is inserted which will install thin metal into the aneurysm which will initiate a blood clot.